Do You Keep Up with These Eco-Friendly Driving Habits?
As we learn more and more about the impact that certain practices have on the environment, it becomes important to make changes wherever we can, no matter how small. One of the biggest habits you can change to have a positive impact on the plant is the way you drive.
With that in mind, your friends at Greatneck Motorsportss thought this would be the perfect time to share a few simple, yet effective ways to make your road travel more efficient and environmentally conscious.
- Make Sure Your Tires Are Properly Inflated
- Replace Your Air Filters Frequently
- Always Keep Up With Your Maintenance Schedule
- Plan Trips In Advance to Reduce Distance, Time, and Fuel Consumption
- Choose a Vehicle With Better Gas Mileage
- Unload Your Car Before Leaving to Reduce Weight
Each of these minor chores can have a major impact when combined. They work together to significantly increase fuel efficiency.
- Obey the Posted Speed Limit
- Be Gentle When Accelerating
- Drive Passively Rather Than Aggressively
- Avoid Idling When Possible
- Use the Cruise Control Whenever You Are Able
- Decelerate by Coasting Rather than Braking
Not only does it make sense to practice these habits for the environment, but it also can help reduce vehicle maintenance and repair fees as well.
Making sure that we take a little better care of our planet is everybody’s job. And as we all look for ways to reduce our carbon footprint, practicing common-sense, eco-friendly road habits is a great way to start.
And if you are looking for your next automobile, give us a call at Greatneck Motorsports. We can be reached at 516-590-3580. Or, if you want to stop by in person to take a look at our inventory, just head on over to 300 Great Neck Road in Great Neck.